From 18 March 2020 Hubdoc will be included in all Xero subscriptions.
Hubdoc is a new software that integrates with Xero. Hubdoc’s main purpose is to collect and extract data from documents – bills, statements, credit notes and receipts – and will automatically upload them to Xero and store them in a central location.
By automating your admin tasks, you can spend less time managing documents and more time doing what you love!
What Hubdoc means for you…?
- Easily capture bills and receipts – Hubdoc makes it easy to upload documents using your desktop, mobile device, email or scanner.
- Streamline Document Management – All your documents are saved in one centralised online secure location.
- Go paperless – All documents are searchable and easy to access anywhere you need.
- Save time – Hubdoc extracts key data and syncs it to Xero as an accurately coded transaction. Xero matches this to your bank feed for an easy one-click reconciliation.
- Verified financial data – Each reconciled Xero transaction will have it’s source document attached to it so we can easily verify transactions. This makes compliance and business insights more up-to-date and accurate.
There are currently two ways for documents to be processed through Hubdoc:
1. Automated Supplier Connection:
Automatically import supplier bills through connected suppliers such as Spark, Vodafone, Mitre 10, Contact Energy and many more. Hubdoc uses your supplier account login to fetch recurring bills and invoices to be paid directly from the supplier’s website and publish the bill to Xero creating a seamless transition from the supplier to Xero.
2.Upload Directly or Email Forwarding: This allows documents from any supplier to be uploaded to Hubdoc by:
- Manually dragging and dropping the bills.
- Email forwarding the bills to Hubdoc through a unique email.
- Take a photo and upload with Hubdoc mobile app on your smartphone.
Once the transactions are uploaded
Once the bills are uploaded in Hubdoc, you can edit them and set default settings for suppliers before they are authorised and sent to Xero. These default settings will allow you to set up how bills import into Xero. Examples of default settings for each supplier:
- Auto-sync function to automatically sync and send documents to Xero after Hubdoc has processed the information from the document.
- Allocate specific supplier bills to Xero account codes.
- How the bill is imported into Xero – Draft or Approved.
On March 18 2020 there will be a link to Hubdoc in your Xero dropdown menu. You just need to sign in with your Xero details and follow the steps to get started.
If you have any questions about Hubdoc or it’s setup, please get in touch with us.